How to Find the Best Real Estate Agent for You
Now that you’ve decided to buy or sell a house, how do you find a reputable real estate agent to guide you?
The best place to begin is with personal referrals from family and friends. With whom have they worked and had a good experience? Check online reviews and see who is highly recommended in your area. Collect a few names and set up interviews to meet with them.
First, make sure you feel comfortable talking with the agent. Is he or she able to answer questions in a way that makes sense? Ask the potential agent to explain either the home buying process or their marketing strategy for selling your home. Ask for referrals if you didn’t see any online.
Here are a few other key questions to ask:
• Do you work full-time or part-time? A full-time agent is more likely to be available and aware in a hot market like Manatee County.
• How long have you been an agent? How long have you worked in this area? How many current listings do you have in Parrish, Ellenton, Bradenton, Palmetto, or St. Pete?
• What are your credentials? Agents need to have a state license and it’s okay to ask to see it. Even better if the agent is also part of a local real estate trade association or, best yet, the National Association of Realtors.
• What makes you different from other agents?
• How does your commission work? What’s your fee and what does that fee include?
• Will I work with you individually or with a team? Some agents have support staff or an assistant. Clarify expectations about how to communicate—text, calls, email? Directly or indirectly?
• What kind of properties have you sold recently? If you’re buying, ask if the agent has helped buyers find homes in the price range and area you’re looking for.
• Do you help both buyers and sellers? An agent who has experience in both will have a better perspective and negotiating skills.
• If you’re selling a home, ask the agent what they think you can get for your home and why. You may also ask what their expected time frame is for selling your home. Is their response honest and realistic?
Leslie Wells Realty is the number one realtor in houses listed and sold in Parrish, Florida. Explore both the homepage and agents tab of our website, LeslieWellsRealty.com, for customer reviews, contact information, and videos of our hard-working agents.
See what our clients are saying about us, Click here to read their full testimonials.