For Sale By Owner listings are often found in markets where homeowners believe they can maximize their profit by not having to work with a REALTOR®. However, there are many things that homeowners may not consider when making the decision.
- Paperwork. REALTORS® understand the contracts and paperwork involved in listing a home and making an offer. The closing process can entail more than 20 pages of paperworking. You can have peace of mind that the paperwork will be handled by a professional.
- Market Exposure. REALTORS® have access to the MLS, which also feeds to various third-party sites like Zillow and Realtor.com. According to the 2018 National Association of REALTORS® Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends, 74% of all homebuyers use the internet to search for homes. In today’s digital world, this exposure is a necessity. Yard signs, newspaper ads and Craigslist postings just aren’t cutting it anymore.
- Market Knowledge. REALTORS® are ingrained in the market, so their expertise when pricing your home correctly to sell is paramount. They’ll also handle offer negotiations, which takes the stress off of the client.
- Networking. More REALTORS® are likely to sell homes listed by other agents. Most will also have a database of contacts, including REALTORS® they’ve previously worked with, that they can utilize to advertise your home.
- Time saver. A realtor’s job goes beyond handling the sale of the home. They field phone calls, schedule appointments, schedule inspections, etc. Sellers don’t often realize how much work showings are, and that not everyone that walks into the home is going to be a buyer.
More statistics from the 2018 National Association of REALTORS® Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends report:
- 89% of home sellers worked with a real estate agent to sell their home.
- FSBO was low at 8% this year.
Thinking about selling your home? Call 727-217-7183 to speak to one of our expert REALTORS®.